The Demons In my Lunchbox Update





 

If you know me well, you know that I’ve talked about publishing The Demons In My Lunchbox for quite sometime. It took a decade to write it, edit it, and publish it. TEN YEARS. Why did it take you so long, you ask? It took me that long to dig deep into inner most being to break down walls, barriers, and strong holds. It took me that long to get real with myself and with God. It took me that long to allow myself to be vulnerable enough to confess the messiness in my life.  Last March, at the very beginning of the global pandemic, The Demons In My Lunchbox, finally dropped on Amazon and Barnes & Noble Online.  I was elated and scared. to. death. of the unknown and the perception of this memoir. I was blown away from the out pouring of love and encouragement from friends and fans who’ve read it. 

Then there’s my mother. Let’s just say that the book has drummed up a lot of emotions on both sides and it sent me straight into counseling. Forgiveness is not for the faint of heart, yet, it is so necessary in order to experience complete freedom from the junk that weighs us down in life.  Let’s just say I’ve been on a journey...a journey of emotional and spiritual healing. 

It was at the end of 2020 when I decided to forego my publishing company, so I cancelled my contract with Christian Faith Publishing and have decided to self-publish on my own. Christian Faith Publishing proved to be nothing more than vanity press that took a ton of money from me and in turn demanded more money with very little marketing to promote an independent production. 

So, now, I am re-vamping The Demons In My Lunchbox, and will be re-publishing on Amazon. I’m on the last shove of labor of love to get the piece in working order for publication and marketing. Now, that I have lived through the first round of the unknown, the element of surprise isn’t going to be a shock to the nervous system. 

Thank you for your patience on this. It is my hope that The Demons In My Lunchbox will be re-listed shortly and that 2021 brings book signings and face-to-face interactions. 

Much love, 

Brooklyn Gilmore 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Shelby (2020)

Demon 2: Divorce

The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete (2013) Review